“Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together.” – Vincent van Gogh
Good news for distributors and manufacturers, the Inventory Control module in Microsoft Dynamics GP2013 has been enhanced in a number of ways to give greater control over inventories and visibility. Microsoft has addressed numerous pain points faced by distributors and manufacturers when controlling inventory. Here are six of the most important enhancements that have been added to help companies manage inventory:
- One of the most useful enhancements for inventory control is the ability to make items inactive. This prevents the sale and processing of the inactive item by either restricting the transaction or sending a warning. When looking up available items, the feature allows you to exclude inactive items, giving a real representation of items available to sell. Using this feature also allows you to maintain history on all of your items, including ones that are no longer in use.
- This allows distributors to prevent unused sites from being entered on any new transactions. The new feature allows the site to be made unusable without having to delete it, preserving the site’s history for future reference. Existing transactions can still be posted to the site until the on-hand inventory is gone, allowing you to use the site right up until it’s ready to be deleted.
Inactivate Item-Site Relationships-
- This feature is handy when certain items are no longer stored at specific sites in the warehouse. By removing the possibility of entering the wrong item-site combination, you can ensure that all inventory items are stored in their proper places.
- Reason codes can now be created and entered onto a transaction to document inventory movement. A log is created that tracks the activity of inventory throughout the warehouse, uncovering trends and providing insights to tighten operations and increase efficiency.
Bin Transfer History-
- This is now simplified by adding a document number to Inventory Management that tracks the history of bin transfers for items. Order tracking is improved and a history of specific bin transfers can now be managed.
Assign suggested sales to an item-
- This feature allows the user to make relevant product recommendations based on the customer’s selection of a particular item. This enhances your sales team’s ability to identify numerous items to “upsell” to your clients.
With the new enhancements in Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013, distributors and manufacturers don’t have to struggle to keep up with the diverse demands of their business environment. Microsoft spends billions each year in research to improve their software and offer a complete package of tools to fully run businesses in various industries.
For a high level estimate of your investment in Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013, please use our “FREE” Microsoft Dynamics GP Quick Quote Tool. It will give you a great starting point for assessing your potential investment in a solution like this.
If you have any questions or would like to learn more about the wide range of enhancements offered in Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013, please contact us today at 636-237-2280 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By Brad Vorbeck and Michael Ramatowski at Turnkey Technologies, Inc.—Missouri, Illinois, and Kentucky Microsoft Gold Certified Dynamics GP and CRM Partner.
July 30, 2013 by Turnkey Technologies, Inc.