The following Dynamics GP customizations are for any current users who have upgraded to Dynamics GP 2013 R2 or newer and have Manufacturing installed.
As you know in certain windows such as Item Transaction Entry and Purchase Order Entry the only way to delete a line was to select Edit and Delete Row. In Dynamics GP 2013 R2 and later the Edit menu is not included currently in the new Action Pane display at the top of the window. This of course can be remedied by changing the Window Command Display in User Preferences to Menu Bar but who wants to live in the old when the new is so much more promising?
In installations without Manufacturing installed this can be achieved by right clicking with the mouse and selecting Delete Row. However in installations with Manufacturing installed a different menu displays for the right click in inventory related windows.
No Manufacturing installed:
Adding the Insert Row and Delete Row to the Inventory Transaction Entry Window is not a difficult task.
Requirements and disclaimers:
- You must have Modifier available in your GP install
- As with any customization you should double check with your partner and/or any ISV’s to ensure that there will not issues in future enhancements and upgrades.
- You must have access to Modifier or access to an account with access such as the sa or DYNSA user.
- As with any customization you should also test the changes in a development environment before deploying to production.
- All users should be pointed to the same Forms dictionary for the changes to take effect. You can verify this by reviewing each client workstations settings by review the Edit Launch File in Administration > Setup > System > Edit Launch File.
Make sure you have Modifier available in your environment. Login as sa or a user with rights to Modifier.
1. Go to Inventory > Transactions > Item Transaction Entry
2. Click Tools and select Customize > Modify Current Window. This will open Modifier and also guarantee that you are in the correct product form.
3. In Modifier click Layout > Show Invisible Fields
4. Locate the located below the window
5. Highlight both and drag them up somewhere on the grid or above the unit cost in my example
6. On the Object tab set the Editable to True of not already set
7. Next click on each and in the properties window (if you don’t see it look behind your window) and on the Visual tab change the visible option to True
8. Close out of the window and save your changes
9. Click File in the upper left and choose Microsoft Dynamics GP to log back into GP
To activate the window (keep in mind you should still be a power user or SA user):
1. Go to Administration > Setup > System > Alternate / Modified Forms and Reports
2. Lookup the ID used in the system
a) Alternate you can create a new one for testing and assign to your own user in User Security (Administration > Setup > System > User Security)
3. Set the product to the appropriate selection. In my example it is Microsoft Dynamics GP. This is the standard unless you have an ISV installed that is used for the window instead of GP.
4. Select Windows as the Type
5. Select ALL for the Series
6. For this example expand Inventory > Inventory Transaction Entry.
Note in my example I have 3 options. This is a good example of where you would want to check with an ISV before changing anything.
Select Microsoft Dynamics GP (Modified)
8. Save the change
9. Go to the window you have modified and the changes should now be in place.
NOTE: If a user does not see the changes check their Edit Launch File location compared to where the change is working and also verify they are set to use the same Alternate / Modified ID in their User Security settings (for each company database).
The same option is available for most windows using similar steps to the above.
We hope you found this helpful. As always, if you have ANY questions about this setup process or anything else regarding Dynamics GP, please don’t hesitate to ask us. We’re here to help!