One of the interesting facts about Microsoft Dynamics CRM is that it does not have a built in spell checker like most other Microsoft applications. Sometimes it can be frustrating when you need to know how to spell a word but you have to go out of your way to get out your dictionary, or pull up another application on your computer to spell check it. Well now you are in luck! With the release of an Internet Explorer add-on called Speckie, you can now spell check fields in Dynamics CRM. This add-on is free for personal use, but for commercial use there is a small fee. Some features it provides are:
- Real-time spell checking as you type.
- Spell check with one or more language dictionaries simultaneously.
- Full compatibility with the 64 bit version of Internet Explorer.
- Translated to 32 languages and with 45 language dictionaries available.
- Optionally spell check single and multiple line edit fields.
- Configure the highlight of misspellings; suitable for the visually impaired.
- Works with CRM systems like Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 online. (*)
- Works with Microsoft Outlook Web App 2010/2013 and Outlook Web Access 2007. (*)
- Get the text of the word directly beneath the caret in an element.
- Get an array of suggested corrections for a misspelled word.
- Replace the text of the word directly beneath the caret with another in an element.
- Remove the tag from all instances of a word in an element.
- Enable or disable spell checking in an element.
- Display the Speckie Settings page.
- Get an array of names of the active language dictionaries.
- Add a word to the user’s dictionary.
- Get the number of tagged words in an element.
- (*) Commercial Version Required.
Once you have downloaded and installed Speckie onto your computer:
1) Open Internet Explorer.
2) Click on Tools.
3) Select Speckie Settings.
4) Click “Enable spell check in single line edit fields”.
5) Click “Apply”.
For a high level estimate of your investment in Microsoft Dynamics CRM, please use our “FREE” Microsoft Dynamics CRM Quick Quote Tool”. This tool gives you a great starting point for assessing your potential investment in a World Class CRM Business Solution.
If you have additional questions or would like to learn more about what Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 can do for your company, please contact us today to set up a “Free Discovery Call” or “Trial” at 636-237-2280 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
June 7, 2013 by Turnkey Technologies, Inc.