“Digital Transformation” is one of the latest industry buzzwords that may have you scratching your head. You know you need it, you’re just not sure how it applies to your business.
Digital Transformation is using current technology to rethink and improve business processes, services, and even product offerings. It’s about making your enterprise more capable, more efficient, and making your clients ever happier by taking advantage of software and hardware innovations – especially before your competitors do!
At the forefront of the “Transformation” are ERP software systems built from the ground up on the cloud. These new technologies make possible connectivity and distributed workloads like never before. A true leader among these systems is Microsoft Dynamics 365. Let’s take a look at what this next-generation system can do to digitally transform your manufacturing operations.
In addition to finance, Dynamics 365 encompasses every facet of business management and manufacturing:
- Production Control: Enjoy a user-friendly interface to manage the huge number of variables that go into production scheduling, like market demand, capacity, supply chain, among countless others. Dynamics 365 lets you easily create different planning scenarios using visual tools to adjust production schedules under changing circumstances.
- Supply Chain Management: It contains tools to help you forecast demand and accurately manage inventory throughout all your warehouse and production locations. You can strategize a distribution plan, manage warehouses, supervise quality control, handle material procurement and sourcing, and even enhance your supplier relationships with tools that make it easier for them to sell to you.
- Sales, Marketing and Service: What good is an efficient production line if there are few customers to buy your product? Dynamics 365 combines ERP and CRM to provide a comprehensive solution including lead and opportunity management, case management, and more, aiding your sales team to acquire new clients, retain current ones, and even woo old ones back.
- Human Resource Management: Managing a sizable workforce has unique challenges. Dynamics 365 is adept at handling the financial and legal aspects, even payroll. But it also facilitates talent and workforce management so you can keep the right people where they are best used – and fill talent vacancies with outside expertise.
- Business Intelligence and Reporting: One of the core reasons to transform your enterprise is to benefit from enhanced business intelligence – knowing more about your financial condition, your production performance, your supplier and distributor networks, and many other factors that, with the right reports, help you to make business-critical decisions that can propel you forward, rather than down.
Dynamics 365 is a unifying solution. As a company grows and expands, many times it is compelled to look for add-on solutions, or even completely separate solutions, to fill new needs and handle more complexity. The result is disparate systems – and a lack of unity in your organization.
Dynamics 365 works from a modern cloud integration platform – which enables all departments in your company, each with their own focus and requirements, to work with the same data. The same customer records. The same support cases. The same work orders, purchase orders, invoices, and other financial data. Finally, a solution that connects Finance, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and third-party apps, bringing higher efficiency and fewer mistakes.
Workspaces give you at-a-glance access to the data you need, such as:
- 360° Activity View
- Quick Insights
- Navigation by Data
- Direct Access to Tasks
- Personnel Productivity
Mobile Apps make it possible for you to see business-critical data on the go. Workspaces appear here as well and can be customized to suit your needs, showing you just what you need to know at the touch of a finger. You can even take action, entering or editing data and executing business processes.
Power BI, Microsoft’s Business Intelligence framework, is deeply integrated in Dynamics 365. Find new ways to visualize and combine data streams to make them more human-intelligible, while enabling mobile access to your reports and even creating collaborative sites to facilitate teamwork at the organizational level. Cost Analysis with Power BI comes configured out-of-the-box, while still adaptable to your individual needs, and is a trusted, reliable solution.
Obviously, there is no solution that comes pre-configured just the way you like it (or need it!) But the true test of an enterprise-grade solution is its extensibility – and here is an area where Dynamics 365 stands out like no other! IT Pros and Power Users have access to amazing tools, like PowerApps and Microsoft Flow, that make it possible for them to configure business processes, build custom LOB apps and automate tasks. Yet there’s more under the hood – Pro Developers can use industry-standard Visual Studio developer tools to build integrations and workflows. And Office 365 works hand-in-hand to make even more things possible for end-users as well.
Would you like to know how you can leverage this exciting new technology to digitally transform your business? Talk to one of our Dynamics experts and find out how we can help you take the next step to be a more connected, more efficient manufacturing company.