As a Dynamics GP partner, we want to remind you to keep your GP system up-to-date with Microsoft’s routine tax updates.
Microsoft has released roughly one update per month in 2018, which can be found on CustomerSource here. If you have ANY questions about applying these updates, please don’t hesitate to ask.
Here are some quick instructions:
1. Ask all GP users to exit the application until the update is complete.
2. Exit all other apps, turn off your screen saver and back up important data (including Forms.dic, Reports.dic, and Dynamics.vba if they exist).
3. Log into GP with system administrator rights and open the Payroll Tax Update window (GP menu > Maintenance > U.S. Payroll Updates > Check for Tax Updates).
4. Select “Automatic” as the update method and choose “Next”.
5. Enter your 10-digit authorized telephone number. Choose “Log in” to start the download.
6. Choose “Process” to start the upgrade.
Note – this only needs to be done on one computer, not each GP client.
These tax updates should be applied as they are released from Microsoft. If you have questions or would like assistance applying these updates, please let us know.