In previous blogs we talked about the Foundation Enhancements that came with the release of Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013. I have decided to do a series of blogs that will contain information about different aspects of GP2013 such as Financial Enhancements, Distribution Enhancements, Human Resources and Payroll Enhancements, and Field Service Series Enhancements. Since we have already talked about the GP 2013 Foundation Enhancements, I will focus this blog around some of the new Financial Enhancements. There are many new financial enhancements but in this blog we are going to focus on the General Ledger.
Clearing balances of unit accounts during year-end close process:
- To clear the balance for the unit account during the year-end close process you can mark the Clear Balance during Year-End Close option in the Unit Account Maintenance window. If this is left unmarked, the balance account is then carried on to the next year during the year-end close process.
Keeping inactive accounts with zero balances during the year-end close:
You can now specify how to handle inactive accounts that have zero balances during the year-end close process with these three options:
- Delete all inactive accounts with zero balances.
- Keep all inactive accounts with zero balances.
- Delete inactive accounts with zero balances that have no budget amounts and keep inactive accounts with zero balances that have budget amounts.
Viewing status during the year-end close:
After you choose the Close Year button in the Year-End Closing window, a status bar appears, displaying the steps that are completed during the year-end process.
- Near the bottom of the screen, it will say “Step 6 of 7 Complete”
Viewing net change and period balances for unit accounts at the same time:
To view period balances and net change balances for the selected account simultaneously, you will see it set up in the Unit Account Maintenance window like this:
Period—- Net Change— Period Balance
General Ledger batch approval information is stored:
You have the ability to track batch approval information for a General Ledger general journal batch in addition to the posting information that’s kept. You will find this option on the Batch Entry page. Near the bottom it will say:
User I.D— Approval Date
If you have any questions or would like to learn more about Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013, please contact us today at 636-237-2280 or email us at email@example.com.
For a high level estimate of your investment in Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013, please use our“FREE” Microsoft Dynamics GP Quick Quote Tool. It will give you a great starting point for assessing your potential investment in a solution like this.
By Stephanie Manning and Michael Ramatowski at Turnkey Technologies, Inc.—Missouri, Illinois, and Kentucky Microsoft Gold Certified Dynamics GP and CRM Partner.