Microsoft Dynamics GP paves the way as an evolutionary and cutting edge ERP solution, especially in the new era of affordable, cloud-savvy technologies. With flexible licensing and deployment models, GP is capable of fitting the needs and budget of any size business – from small shops to large enterprises – with zero compromises to complete ERP functionality for end-to-end financial management.
In May of 2016 we’ll see the release of Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016! The big news for this release will be the new HTML5 web client, which will render Dynamics GP forms as HTML5 web pages. We’re excited about this update because it means users will be able to fully use Microsoft Dynamics GP in its entirety from any device that supports HTML5 web browsers. The powerful functions in Dynamics GP will be fully accessible from your Android tablet, OSX and Linux, and on any browser that supports HTML5, such as Edge, Chrome and Firefox!
The HTML5 web client is able to fully run Dynamics GP on tablets and other mobile devices by delivering only the top, visual interface to the device, while computing is still done at the server level.
The new web client is the result of one of Microsoft’s long term development goals that has been completed in stages through the past few GP releases. Dynamics GP 2016 will finally show the fruits of that labor. With various license types, choice of deployment, and now the ability to fully utilize GP on any device, Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016 will continue to be the most appealing and easily-adopted ERP solution for businesses taking the next step off of QuickBooks or other entry-level accounting software.
Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016 New Features
In addition to the HTML5 web client, a blog written by professional developer Tim Wappat gives us a sneak peek into what we can expect regarding Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016 new features :
- HTML 5 browser support
- Control for managing HTML clients (– think multi tenant management)
- Purchasing Requisitions – Project Integration
- HTTPS Support for Management Reporter Viewer
- Multiple Page Scan
- Default EFT File Formats For Scotia Bank
- Change Workflow Approval Conditions
- Enable Credit card Payment Type for Check Run Processing
- Increase Distribution Reference Field Size
- Named User Licensing Support for Self Service User Type
- Document Attach for Project Expenses
- All-In-One Document Viewer for Inventory
- All-In-One Document Viewer for Sales
- Export SmartList Numbers
- Export/Import SmartLists
- Creating a SmartList from an Existing Favourite
- PowerBI charts on GP Role Center
Ease of Use
- Remove Inactive Payroll Pay Codes
- Simplify Payroll Posting Setup
- Create Exception Report on Budget Import
- Simplify Analytical Accounting User Access Settings
Read the full blog here for more details.
If you need help upgrading to the latest version of Microsoft Dynamics GP, or if you would like more information about the benefits of upgrading, please give us a call.