Power BI, Microsoft’s cloud-based analytics and data visualization tool, has been revamped and hits the market today! This new version replaces the older “Power BI for Office 365”.
After 6 months of public preview and feedback from over 500,000 unique users, the new Microsoft Power BI (Power BI 2.0, as Microsoft sometimes calls it) is now generally available. During the 6 month preview, the solution was used and tested by over 45,000 companies in 165 different countries.
Unlike the previous version of Power BI, the new release doesn’t require an Office 365 subscription. Instead, it is accessed through an online portal on powerbi.com.
In addition to web access, the new Power BI comes packed with new features and enhancements. These include:
- New visuals – Tree Map, Combo Chart, Funnel, Gauges, Area Map, Waterfall, Donut, Area Chart, Matrix and others.
- Significantly enhanced Power BI Desktop (renamed from Designer)
- Native touch optimized mobile apps for iOS, Android and Windows
- Rich control over visual coloring, including conditional formatting in Reports
- New styling, look and feel
- New community forum site at community.powerbi.com
- And many, many more!
Click here to view the full list of new features and improvements.
Those who opt for the new Power BI release can also expect enhanced Excel support, a new mobile Android app, and enhancements to web authoring and data exploration. Not only that, but the Power BI offering provides more interactive dashboards, which means users gain clearer insights into their organization’s data.
Interested in integrating Power BI in to you existing ERP or CRM system for true business intelligence?