“Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together.” – Vincent van Gogh
Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 has many financial and reporting features. Here are my 10 favorite features below:
1. Exclude inactive records from lookup menus: No more searching through your inactive customers, vendors, inventory items, and GL accounts.
2. Clear recurring GL batch amounts: You can now clear the distribution amounts for all transactions on recurring batches after you post a batch.
3. Combine multiple budgets into a single master budget: Create separate departmental budgets and easily combine into one.
4. Enter negative Cash Receipts in Accounts Receivable: You can now enter a negative cash receipt for the purpose of decreasing a deposit.
5. Setup recurring cash receipt batches: With this new feature you can now create recurring cash receipts batch (of memorized transactions).
6. Select multiple ranges when building a check batch: The Select Payables Checks Window now allows you to select and insert multiple selection criteria ranges.
7. Email features are now included: In GP 2010, you don’t need to purchase anything extra and you can quickly and easily email single documents, batches of documents, and/or multiple documents from a list within the system.
8. Create Professional External Documents Using Word Forms: Users can deliver Word Forms and customize external (customer and vendor facing) documents within Microsoft Word.
9. Get Better Insight into Your Data Using Dashboards and KPI’s with Drill-Back: There are now customizable dashboards built from SQL Reporting Services (SRS) reports. Individual users can decide which ones they want to display.
10. Get More out Of Excel with Predictive Modeling and Analysis: GP integration to Excel includes GP Excel Reports, which now includes Power Pivot tables and drill-back from Excel Reports to GP.
These are just 10 of the dozens of features in Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010. Are you ready to Upgrade? Please contact Michael Ramatowski for more information today.
July 13, 2012 by Turnkey Technologies, Inc.